- Burn Scars
- Hypo Pigmentations
- Surgery Scars
- Stretch marks
- Plastic Surgery Scars
- Cleft Palates
- Injury Scars
- Congenital Anomalies
- Vitiligo (in remission)
- Port Wine Birthmarks (only after multiple sessions with laser to cauterize the vessels and only under recommendation and doctor’s order)
Scar or Skin Camouflage Micro Pigmentation is a form of medical or paramedical tattooing. This process is also called Corrective Pigment Camouflage (CPC), Corrective Camouflage, Skin Repigmentation, Scar Camouflage, Skin Camouflage, Camouflage Tattooing, and Skin Color Tattooing.
It is a very specialized area of permanent makeup skill only a few technicians have been trained in as it requires advanced knowledge, training and experience in permanent cosmetics as well as an artistic eye for color and skin tones. Julia understands the science behind the physiology of human skin and tissue as well as the pigments. Over the years Julia has build strong working relationships with local Dermatologists, Plastic surgeons, Oncologists, Esthetic Nurses as well as major hospitals in Massachusetts such as Mass General, Brigham and Women’s, Tufts, Children’s and Shriners who refer their patients to see her for a list of treatments.
Both men and women can benefit from scar camouflage procedures. Facial burns; scar discolorations, vitiligo, and other blemishes can often be dramatically diminished through our advanced micropigmentation. Although the success rate of these procedures is very high, often multiple treatments are necessary in order to complete the process.
At the first visit or consultation session we will perform a patch test to ensure that we have the best color matches and that it is deem safe for the clients to proceed. Often we refer to the doctor’s order or consult with the office before we proceed. Subsequent visits for pigmentation will be scheduled after that. Although this may seem like a lengthy process this can’t be rushed as it takes time to make sure the color develops well. Scar tissue unlike normal skin is not as flexible or smooth. It is often distorted, mangled, raised or sunken and will most certainly react differently from normal, healthy skin.
Please see the following contraindications for this procedure and when it is NOT advised!
- The scar is still pink or changing color (has to be at least one year old)
- The scar is not smooth or flat enough (If your scar or skin area is bumpy or raised, the process may not be effective)
- The scar has dark edges (Indicates Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation (PIHP) from the initial trauma or surgery. CPC can make it worst. Dark skin tones especially are affected)
- If you have Keloids
- Also not advised for spider veins; freckles; age spots; under eye circles; hyper-pigmentation
- Initial session consultation: $75.00
- Scar Camouflage Treatment (first session): $500.00
- Scar Camouflage follow up: $125.00 (per 15 mins increments)
All prices are subject to change without notice