What is Permanent Cosmetics?
Permanent Cosmetics, also referred to, as Permanent Makeup is a
relatively recent phenomenon, becoming more popular in the last 15
years. It is implanting the right color in the correct places to enhance your natural beauty. It is revolutionary beauty treatment used to define
eyebrows, eyes and lips.
Our Permanent Cosmetics Hand Method
Pigmenta uses a highly evolved and unique Hand Method Application, developed and performed by Julia Bowers, to ensure the most natural looking permanent cosmetic results. The Hand Method is the most precise and gentlest way to implant permanent color into the skin. By using small hairline strokes, Julia can mimic individual hairs for eyebrows, and she can create a thicker lash line and give the lips an enhanced look when used for liner.
The procedure is done without a machine or stencils and is customized to you using the same principles valued by plastic surgeons and make up artists. Julia takes into consideration your desires, complexion, and facial anatomy, giving a very soft look. Pigmenta’s results are so natural that people unaware of your procedure won’t even notice!
Pigmenta uses hypoallergenic ion-oxide based pigments in a variety of shades to guarantee the perfect custom color that the body won’t reject. Unlike machine methods, the superficial application deposits the pigment no deeper than the layer of skin that rejuvenates itself, preventing allergic reaction. Safety and sanitation is a top priority for Pigmenta, and all regulations are strictly adhered to.
You should get a Boost every 12-18 months to keep their color looking optimal. The original pigment will eventually grow out and disappear without periodic boosts.
After much demand, Pigmenta has developed a safe technique to remove and redo most past brow procedures that were done in a traditional permanent cosmetics method. The process requires multiple visits and a six-month commitment, but you will find it well worth the wait after receiving your new Hand Method Application brows from Julia.
• By definition, Pigmenta’s procedure is a tattoo because it is “inserting pigment into punctures in the skin using a needle” and is regulated by the State of Massachusetts accordingly. However, the Pigmenta Hand Method Application does not penetrate the skin the same way machine applications do. Pigmenta Permanent Cosmetics fade more quickly, allowing adjustments to be made in your permanent makeup as your face and skin age and change, and will likely disappear completely over time if left untouched.
• Topical anesthetics are used to minimize discomfort. Although you can still feel the procedure happening, most people feel little to no pain.
• Absolutely! Each procedure is customized specifically to the client. There is a wide spectrum of colors you can choose from. You can even bring in your favorite pencil to match. Your desires and preferred placement are discussed prior to your procedure.
• Each permanent make up session takes no longer than an hour from start to finish. You may have your topical anesthetic applied slightly earlier if you prefer.
• Safety and sanitation are top priorities for Pigmenta. All tools are sterile and used only once, and all regulations are strictly adhered to. The pigment used is ion-oxide based and hypoallergenic. The superficial application prevents the body’s reaction to and rejection of the pigment.
• There may be some slight swelling and redness in the area immediately following application, which will subside within 5-10 days. The color tends to appear darker and more intense at first but will mature to its final softer color within a week. Normal activities can resume right away. Care procedures are discussed in detail at the time of the procedure.
• Permanent cosmetics do not rub or wash off. Pigmenta’s applications are applied only to the upper layers of the skin and last 1-3 years with proper care. As your skin rejuvenates, the pigment will fade over time. A Boost is recommended every 12-18 months to prevent loss of color.
Pigmenta does not use machines or stencils like traditional permanent cosmetic methods. Hairline strokes are applied by hand to resemble actually hair, and eye and lip liner is applied as an enhancement. Your desires, complexion, and facial anatomy are all considered. The results look so natural only the people you tell will know.
• Absolutely! Permanent cosmetics act as enhancements to your natural features. Additional make up is your personal choice and has no reaction with the permanent make up.
• Because Pigmenta takes your facial anatomy into account and applies our permanent cosmetics accordingly, plastic surgery has no effect. In fact, permanent make up is a natural companion to injectables and plastic surgery.
• Pigmenta permanent cosmetics will grow out after a few years as the skin rejuvenates itself. Traditional machine done applications will not. Pigmenta has developed a method to remove traditionally applied brows. The process requires multiple visits and a six-month commitment, but clients find it well worth the wait after receiving their new Hand Method Application brows from Pigmenta.
Boston, MA 02116
Service Manager for Julia
CALL or EMAIL TODAY!
Jess Peabody, Eyelash Specialist
CALL or EMAIL TODAY!